Sunday, November 11, 2012

Entrepreneur? ...Why Yes, Of Course!

I found this one today, I realized I never finished it. This happened in October.
Here's an important strategy for getting free stuff. Sign up for emails from different groups around campus. Sure, you'll get annoyed now and again by the flood you call your inbox, but it pays off. And if any one group is getting really annoying, you can easily remove yourself from the mailing list. 
Anyway, this week I got an email from one of the organizations targeting business majors. They said they were having a special seminar spotlighting some successful BYU alumni... sort of--they all dropped out once their ideas starting taking off... 
Business actually really interests me, but I might not have gone to the event because I had a busy day. What tipped the scale was the note at the end of the email. "Free pizza!" And a little below that, "First 100 students get a free t-shirt." Boom. Done. I went. I conquered. I left early and still convinced them to give me pizza. And now I'm dropping out of school. But I have a free t-shirt for every day of the week so I'll be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment