Sunday, November 11, 2012

I'd be the worst freebie blogger ever if I didn't write about this week, because I scored.

After the last blog, it's probably important to note that I am still in school. Turns out, I'll be at BYU until 2015. Then law school until 2018. Unless I put my newly learned entrepreneur skills to work and start a non-profit focused on people give me free stuff. That's my only way out.

Actually, this week, I was rewarded with free J-Dawgs for my hard work and good grade in Accounting 200. I got an email* for an "invitation-only" accounting-as-a-major seminar. Unfortunately, the event started at 5:30, and I have class on Thursdays until 6:15. Fortunately, they gave out J-dawgs at 6:15. So, if A=B, and B=C, you can figure out that I missed the whole seminar, but made it in time for the important part. And you can also infer that I am seriously considering changing my major to accounting despite missing the part where they told us all the reasons we should. Actions speak louder than words. The chemistry department hasn't given me anything. Freeloader? Yes. Gutless Flip-Flopper? If the price--or lack thereof--is right.

On Tuesday I had free pizza for lunch because I went to an event I heard about in an email.* Before that I got free mint cocoa and a brownie just for walking the smart route to dance class. I also went to a Pre-Law Club meeting that night where they had free pizza while we watched the election results.

If you are a little confused, I am officially a chem major, but I am planning on a business management major instead. And I actually do want to go to law school.

The sad news of the week is that I could have had free J-Dawgs a different time, except it was right in the middle of class. It was the Student Innovator of the Year event, but I had to miss my chance for the hot dogs and a free iPad. Too bad, because I was feeling lucky.

*See previous blog, "Entrepreneur?... Why Yes, Of Course"

2 comments:

  1. hm... I got invited to that same accounting meeting. Pretty sure it wasn't based on grades because i'm sure my grade is ... lets just say, not so good. ;) Super impressed with how involved you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, haha. Maybe they weren't too picky. I didn't realize you are in ACC 200. Or did you take it before? Anyway, thanks. I like trying new things.

    ReplyDelete